This post serves as a reminder for myself and anyone who is willing to accept it. It is not in any way will serve as an instigation medium to revolt against any body or association or anyone at all.
Last night I watched the debate between some minister and the advisor of PKR. The debate was about the recent fuel price hike that had been burdening the people heavily (well, not to the rich it seemed). It was entitled "Hari Ini Bentuk Kerajaan, Esok Turun Harga Minyak" which translates to "Today Forms Government, Tomorrow Reduce Fuel Price" as in a context of a man speaking.
Before going to the main issue of this post, it is a reminder to me that if I'm going to be in a debate, some rules have to be followed:
1) Never perform a personal attack to the opposition
2) Answer the damned question, and not to sway with a personal attack against the opposition
3) Be professional, even if the opposition did a personal attack against you
4) If you don't do much reading/research, you'll end up doing a personal attack against the opposition
5) In you are supporting your team, a personal attack against the oppositon without proper research will only result in your shame
6) Be calm, swallow your saliva, even if you are too excited doing a personal attack against the opposition (damn that was disgusting last night)
From all that, I think you get some idea of how last night's debate went.
Don't get me wrong though. I'm not pro to one side. I went to school in a government school. I owe much to them. It's because of them I'm in the state I am now. *read those two lines with all the meanings they have* And you have to admit, when one side brings out all the facts and then get lashed out with personal attacks by the other, in the end, you too can see who was in the losing side. Not to mention the guilty side.
Okay, getting to the point. Last night, the PKR's advisor said something that gets to me.
"Tanggungjawab kepada rakyat," trans "Responsibilities towards the people,"
The word responsibility reminded me of a part of the Declaration of Independence.
With this part being the most significant:
"Harta warisan anak bangsa," trans "Heritage of the people," (Don't know if it's correct though)
Well, even if he did not mean it, at least he said it on national TV. So, it will be his shame if he goes against it one day. But, I doubt that someone who can tell you about responsibility will not hold on to his own words. Unless he is like someone who sleeps on national TV.
Eh, alamak, dah terlambat. Got to go to class now. Nano sicence :D...Responsibility hmmmhmmm :).
Before going to the main issue of this post, it is a reminder to me that if I'm going to be in a debate, some rules have to be followed:
1) Never perform a personal attack to the opposition
2) Answer the damned question, and not to sway with a personal attack against the opposition
3) Be professional, even if the opposition did a personal attack against you
4) If you don't do much reading/research, you'll end up doing a personal attack against the opposition
5) In you are supporting your team, a personal attack against the oppositon without proper research will only result in your shame
6) Be calm, swallow your saliva, even if you are too excited doing a personal attack against the opposition (damn that was disgusting last night)
From all that, I think you get some idea of how last night's debate went.
Don't get me wrong though. I'm not pro to one side. I went to school in a government school. I owe much to them. It's because of them I'm in the state I am now. *read those two lines with all the meanings they have* And you have to admit, when one side brings out all the facts and then get lashed out with personal attacks by the other, in the end, you too can see who was in the losing side. Not to mention the guilty side.
Okay, getting to the point. Last night, the PKR's advisor said something that gets to me.
"Tanggungjawab kepada rakyat," trans "Responsibilities towards the people,"
The word responsibility reminded me of a part of the Declaration of Independence.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.
With this part being the most significant:
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.I don't know if he meant it or not, but the PKR's advisor also said,
"Harta warisan anak bangsa," trans "Heritage of the people," (Don't know if it's correct though)
Well, even if he did not mean it, at least he said it on national TV. So, it will be his shame if he goes against it one day. But, I doubt that someone who can tell you about responsibility will not hold on to his own words. Unless he is like someone who sleeps on national TV.
Eh, alamak, dah terlambat. Got to go to class now. Nano sicence :D...Responsibility hmmmhmmm :).

No comments:
Post a Comment