Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bend It like....Prof. Lim

Today's class beat the previous classes so far. Why? Because today, we were told to do something INCREDIBLE, STUPENDOUS, MAGNIFICENT but ultimately IMPOSSIBLE.

You see, Prof. Lim's specialty is writing notes on the whiteboard with scattering effects (ehehe...never thought "scattering effects" could be used in this kind of sentence). Basically, the notes are a little bit here, and then comes a long arrow pointing somewhere on the whiteboard to continue it. And he ususally make use of the whiteboard to the fullest extent of space. So he wrote something (some equation, k0=1 bla bla bla...) on the bottom part of the whiteboard. In FOE building, the lecture rooms have this one-of-a-kind-old-slash-ancient-but-quite-high-tech projectors which are fixed to the floor. When you want to use the projectors, you have to unfold(?) it so that it stands and can project whatever transparency slides you have. As quite amazing (as if) as they are, they actually hinders your view of the lower part of the whiteboard especially when you sit in the middle of the room because that is where they are fixed. So, back to the equation the professor wrote. Some of the students who sat in front and in the middle could not see it.



They told the professor,

"sir, cannot see wor,"

And get this, his reply beat the previous quote of the day.

"then bend your eyes la,"

WTH is "bend your eyes"? And and and, he said that while bending his knees and both hands in front (with a marker in one). I tell you ah, it was like watching those all time favourite chinese ghost stories all over again. You know, the movies where the ghosts have this one kind of amulet on their head. And if that amulet is removed, they will start jumping. *toing toing* "Bend your eyes" LOL. He bent his knees instead. Some students were making actions on how to bend their eyes. Haha. "Like this aaa," while using their hands to make some "bending" actions. What a class today was. And the old genius tricked us into having a two-hours class today. Haha. It seems that you really can't beat someone THAT experienced. Maybe next time though.

*toing toing toing* (I can't find pictures with their hands put up forward)

PS: I hope this post is not considered as racist because of what I wrote. The professor being chinese is just a coincidence. If he was Malay or Indian or even International Lecturer, I would still describe him as the chinese ghost too. And mind you, I'm not a racist. Ask my friends, they'll tell you the same......I hope.

PSS: my blog was originally named ~Me Life~. But when I forgot to log out last time, someone changed it to "radical dreamer" complete with a catchphrase. It sounded a little bit better, so I decided to keep it :) with a character change of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it totally true.. no racism. i was in the class too. i m a chinese, i will write the same blog too. ezrin, a good entry. GOOD GOOD