Thursday, August 28, 2008

Traumatic Nano test....with a slice of CheeseCake Heaven..

Yesterday we had a mid-term test for NanoScience. In the morning, very early in the morning, I went to the library to study lah konon-kononnya. Although I DID do some studying, most of the time, I was stuDYING to sleep because the stoopid emergency alarm that kept going off in the hostel. 4AM in the morning for God's sake. The super stoopid management didn't comment on anything about it although complaints have been made. All in all, for first part of my library session yesterday (in the morning) I slept most of the time while wearing the hood of my sweater (so not to let people see I sleep).

Then later after lunch I went back to the library to find Joshua was there also sitting with Thanesh. I went over to sit with them because of the saying "If you mingle with great people, you will be great also in time" (maybe I altered it a bit but really there is a saying like that). And Thanesh, was and still is a 1st class student. Plus, Mohana was there also. Another high class student. And the place where they were, was beside the usual port of CheeseCake who, was not there yet at that time. Joshua told me she wouldn't be coming as Gamma year had finished their mid-terms, but I had a premonition (what a description) that she will be there. And guess what? Joshua was wrong. See bro? Told you she was gonna come. And suddenly yesterday became the most fantastic time at the library for me.....ever.

And after a while, Joshua's girlfriend came along and we studied (including sleeping while at it) until class time. Then at 5, we had our NanoScience class which we cannot concentrate at all because of the worry of the test. And while teaching, Prof. Lim said something with the usual smirk (very evil smirk I tell you):

Don't be disappointed if what you study don't come out in the test. Maybe it will come out in the finals


I was wondering why he said that. Then the wonder became like some sort of anger/disappointment when we had a look at the question paper. It was :

-One sheet front and back
-Containing 2 questions
-Question 1 was 2 lines long with a hell lot of space for answering (which is funny now that I think about it when we all stoopidly thought it was about the even and odd function LOL)
-Question 2 was divided into 3 parts which was like Prof. Lim always said "Aiyah, easy maaa,"
-And there was NO CHAPTER 2 AT ALL!!

Now, I wouldn't be complaining about the easiness of the questions but...WE FREAKING STUDIED THE HARD PART BECAUSE HE HINTED IT IN CLASS...Oh my "H koko'" and my "S koko'"..."Golden Rule"..."LA TA LO TO"...All wasted....till the finals at least.

Haih...I post this one first and later I'll post the "post mid-term dinner" that we had. Wanna play RO now...

No comments: