Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Explanation

First off, I would like to say that this event wouldn't have happened if someone [you know who you are] had kept his word instead of going off somewhere with his swimming buddies. Try to keep your words to me next time. I could only tolerate so much. And you got me into a troublesome situation too. You owe me and YOU OWE ME BIG!

Well, as the effect of the above, I had to go and buy dinner very much later than my usual time. On top of that it was raining. Not heavily, but still it rained. At HB3 [Hostel Block 3], the part where the shop had a cover/top was little. So it was crowded with many people ordering food at the shop. And I was taking my order after it was finished. And then came a Malay girl, impatiently ordering her food. She came almost too close to me so I took a step aside not realizing there was an Indian girl beside me.

And when I realized she was there, my hand was almost touching hers. I quickly retracted my hand as not to touch her. That was when the misunderstanding came in. If you are one of my friends [normal friends, not close ones], you would know that I always have a serious face. And as usual, I had my usual serious face put on when I retracted my hand. Plus, a kind of a shocked face because I didn't notice that the Indian girl was beside me. So it seemed she mistook me as a racist. Because she made this face like "what? you don't want to touch me because I'm an Indian?" kind of face. I didn't know what to do so I smiled, nod a little, and went away back to my room.

So let me tell you something to make this clear to anyone reading this. When I am walking and there is/are girl(s) walking in the opposite direction, I will always put my hands behind my back. It doesn't matter if she was Indian, Chinese, Malay, Japanese, Korean, Arab, Kenyan, or whatever, I will do that nonetheless. It doesn't mean that I'm a racist or sexist or even gay.

That, is the one of the highest honors that I show to the women.

It is because I believe that every woman's honor is not to let any man simply touch them. One of it [the honors] anyways. To keep themselves for their man and not others. That is why I do not touch women unnecessarily. It is to protect that honor. That means no handshakes (unless the person give her hand first because rejecting that would be rude), no high fives, no pats on the shoulder, and so on.

It might seemed funny, coming from a guy like me. One who is wearing ring(s), a necklace [sometimes], sometimes a soft bracelet, and once in a while, funny stripes on my hairdo. But that is just the way I am. You can choose not to believe me, but I'll always keep my ways.

No comments: