Monday, December 5, 2011

What are words?

"But it's just something I said at the spur of the moment. I don't really mean it,".

I hate those words. Really really hate them. For me, what ever it is that you said, it is something that can be held to you. It is your responsibility, your promise. And even if it's not recorded, the weight of a promise stays the same.

That is why I always choose my words carefully. Unless of course, I am emotionally unstable at the moment, which lead me to, "let it out", so to speak. And even then, I still will take whatever it is coming to bite me, because it was a given. You would know this to be true if you are my close friends. Even some of my normal friends have known this. Because should they ask me for some arrangements, I would add my own clause to it, should I think it is the one that I can keep.

For example, some might ask me to be at a place at a certain time. If I think I could not make it, I will tell you straight, and make another, "offer", so to speak. I do this not because I am a nice, good person. It's because friendship, for me, is a privilege. Because for me, friends are hard to come by. Acquaintances come and go. A lot. But friends, not so much.

And yea, I'm writing this (after 4 months of absence) because something happened. Something that someone did not really mean apparently, when talking to me. This is like 5 years ago, all over again. And the most troublesome part is, just like 5 years ago, I stupidly added my clause to the words that it became my suggestion. My promise.

Whatever happens, I will still keep my end of the promise. Because my promise is one of the things that I treasure. It is who I am.

So, to anyone reading his, please, choose your words carefully. Speak them, if, and only if you intend to see it through. Because trust me, if you don't, it might not happen now, but someday, you will wake up alone and not knowing the reason why. Why people leave.

Alrighty then, off to sleep I go (or not). I leave this video by Mr. Medina:

No comments: