Monday, November 10, 2008

Recap of Holiday (Week 1)

Ahh...it's good (well, not really) to be back to Cyberjaya. Even when having internet at home now, I don't feel like updating this page o' mine because of the location of the computer in the room was beside the bed. So, if I wanted to play games or, do some stuff, I have to lie on the bed (lazy people's style) and do it. So, it's kinda uncomfortable without a table. (....................that, did not sound very right)

So, now let's recap on the holiday (mine, that is).

Week 1

Emm..I went back home on Saturday the 18th. Nothing important happened. Except for an open house that I actually did not want to go but eventually had to. Was boring. And on Monday, we received a news (quite late news) that my uncle in JB had a stroke. But on the same day, my 2nd elder sis had a weird illness that was quite serious. We took care of the problem at hand first before going to JB to bring my uncle some medicine (a traditionally made but super duper effective medicine that worked wonder if I might say so). After taking care of my sister, my father and I went to JB. Because my sis might have a relapse, we decided to make it a go-bring-medicine-and-come-back-straight-away trip. We left PJ at around 930PM. And I was driving very fast (oh God, I hope no JPJ officers are reading this). Or so I thought. On the highway, between Bangi and Seremban, there were a lot of a$$3$ with registration plate starting from the letter 'N' on the road (and I thought Melaccans were rude). Driving like they own the road. It's one thing to go fast on the fast lane but, on the slow lane? Those $h1th34d$ better go to school and relearn the meaning of the words "civilized" "proper" "courtieous" and much, much more (ah, no offense to Negeri Sembilan people reading this, if any).

And from Ayer Keroh onwards, I drove at the speed 130-140 km/h all the way to JB (good readers, THAT WAS BAD. DO NOT FOLLOW WHAT I DID. BE CAREFUL ON THE ROAD. God, I really really really hope no JPJ officers are reading this). And to my surprise, some cars, overtook me, and in a few seconds, were gone from my vision. And all were Singaporeans (well, almost all as some were Johorians). How fast were they going? Ish...no regard for the law whatsoever, those people. Although, I'm the one to talk as last time I used to drive at the speed of 220-230 km/h which took me only one plus hour to go from KL to JB.

We arrived at my uncle's house at 2 something AM. And after a quick explanation about the medicine, we......ate. Well, my aunt cooked something for us and it would be rude to refuse her (just an excuse for eating..because I wanted to hihi..). And at 4 something AM, we left for home. There was this area on the highway in Batu Pahat that was so foggy that I cannot even see the road, I had to slow down to 90 km/h. The rest of the way, I was driving at the speed of *tuuuuuut* km/h (the speed had to be censored as Azam might read this and fire a laser at me). And on the way, there was this KIA (or was it NAZA?) Citra in with the registration number JKL XXXX in front of me. I slowed down and stayed behind him waiting for him to go into the second lane. It is my style not to overtake from the left even if it is empty. Because if people do that to me I would feel annoyed so I do not do that to others. I stayed behind him quite a distance (2 cars could fit in easily) so not to annoy him also. And when he finally gave way, I thought he was sincere. Right after I overtook him, he went back to the fast lane and started to follow me very close to the point that I was very annoyed. So I went into the second lane to give him way.

But then, this fella, overtook me and went into the second lane just in front of me. I don't take provocation very nicely. I hate people like that. So, it was a race (KIDS, THAT'S ILLEGAL AND SHOULD NOT BE FOLLOWED) between me and him. Sometime I was in front, and sometime he was. That was, until we reached Muar. It rained heavily so suddenly and that @$$, slowed down. Oh, and usually, I would not say these, but: I guess he was scared of a little water from Heaven. Those who can only drive fast on dry roads but afraid of the wet road should just be a coward at home shrivelling under the blanket. If you got only some skill, better keep it a low profile. If you want to do something bad, do it all the way, and don't chicken out halfway. And make sure you have the skill if you want to do something bad. (ahhh...that took loads out of my chest). I maintained the speed of *tuuuuut* km/h all the way, even in the rain, until Ayer Keroh R&R where I stopped for prayer at 6AM. And guess what? After a while, the skill-less chicken @$$ finally arrived and parked right beside me where I got to have a look at his face and showed my evil "you-lost-you-only-know-how-to-provoke-but-don't-drive-it-out-coward" smirk. I guessed he understood me as he was looking at the ground the whole time after seeing my smirk.

We continued the journey at 640AM and arrived in PJ at 730AM. Overall, that was ten hours, or maybe less. It was SO DAMN TIRING. I guess my body forgot how tiring it was driving to JB.

And after that incident, for the first week of holiday, nothing much exciting happened. Just the normal sleep, bath, eat, pray, sleep some more, and more sleep routine. Week 2 will be continued in the next post. Which will be after I rest for a while. But before that, here's a few reminders on road safety:

1)Check your vehicle BEFORE going on a long journey.
2)Wear your seatbelt.
3)ALWAYS use your indicator when changing lanes or taking a turn or whenever necessary.
4)ALWAYS leave some space between your car and the car in front.
5)Follow the speed limit.
6)Follow the traffic lights, even if no one else but you there.
7)Give way to people when you are slower.
8)Do not give in to provocation.
9)DO NOT, and I mean NOT, EVER, follow what I just wrote/ typed. It's very dangerous and lawless.


Oh, and these, are rude:
i) Flashing (your light, not your *toot*) to make people give way
ii) Honking unnecessarily to make people give way
iii) Driving just an inch from the people in front forcing them to give way
iv) Cutting ques

Road Safety, You, Can Make A Difference.

TBC~

No comments: