Damn, that movie was nice. Almost all Adam Sandler's movies are nice, but, this one is really special (aside from Click that is). I even got hooked on the soundtrack especially the one sung by the late Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Somewhere over the Rainbow. In fact, I'm listening to it while writing this. The story is about a persistent guy trying to get the girl that he met and fell for at 'The Hukilau Cafe' in Hawaii (the Hukilau Cafe is a real place for eating there although NOT the one featured in the movie) in spite of all the odds (the girl have an unusual condition where she cannot retain new memory as a result of brain injury from a car accident and she is overprotected by her father and her muscle freak, steroid taking, and bed wetting brother). That persistence reminded me of someone *looks into the distant mirror in the wardrobe*. Though the person whom that someone fell for does not have the unusual condition as the girl in the movie. Haha. Well, if I ever meet a cute girl, maybe I'll even use the tactics used by the guy from the movie. And if she gave me a weird look, I'll just use the line from the movie "sorry I'm not better looking" (although I know that I'm not that bad except for the spare tyre recently acquired). Wakaka. Perseverance! I wont give up so easily. And hey, the guy got the girl in the story in the end. I'm sure I'll get one too. Haha.Damn I need a girlfriend.

No comments:
Post a Comment