- Oo ye who celebrates Valentine, I present to you, an Invitation to Love:
- COME when the nights are bright with stars
- Or when the moon is mellow;
- Come when the sun his golden bars
- Drops on the hay-field yellow.
- Come in the twilight soft and gray,
- Come in the night or come in the day,
- Come, O love, whene'er you may,
- And you are welcome, welcome.
- You are sweet, O Love, dear Love,
- You are soft as the nesting dove.
- Come to my heart and bring it rest
- As the bird flies home to its welcome nest.
- Come when my heart is full of grief
- Or when my heart is merry;
- Come with the falling of the leaf
- Or with the redd'ning cherry.
- Come when the year's first blossom blows,
- Come when the summer gleams and glows,
- Come with the winter's drifting snows,
- And you are welcome, welcome.
- -Paul Laurence Dunbar-
P/S: Though I don't celebrate it, I want to wish that someone a Very Happy Valentine's Day. Be happy.....
No comments:
Post a Comment