Next week (13-16 April 2009) in my university, a blood donation drive will be held. And in the library just now, a leng lui (pretty girl) came and asked me to donate. And when she saw my size, she asked me to donate two bags (is it bag? or tube? or case?...whatever lah) of blood. Well, girls are my weakness (especially cute ones...cute, not pretty) so I just smiled and smiled and smiled without saying yes to her invitation to donate blood.
And the reason I didn't say yes? Because I don't donate blood.
Two reasons.
Number one:
I just don't. It's so simple that even a fool can understand. I don't donate blood. Why? Why not? It's my blood and the name itself is 'donation'. So, it is not a binding contract that I have to fullfill. Nor is it a sin for not doing it.
"So hyppocrite"
Some might say that. But get this. Between me who just simply don't donate blood because I don't want to, and the people who do just to get the freebies (the hospital card, the whatever freebies they give, etc.), who do you think is more hyppocrite? Well now, I ain't saying that all who goes to donate are like that, but, in an orchard full of ripe beautiful apples, some are rotten yes?
Reason number two:
LOL. I can't donate even if I wanted to. They put the reasons why you are forbidden from donating blood, that are:
If you are Homosexual
If you have had sexual intercourse with both gender (Bisexual)
If you are working as a prostitute
If you have had sexual intercourse with a prostitute
If you have had random sexual intercourse with more than one partner
If you have taken drugs by injection (or simply if you're an addict)
If you are a patient of AIDS, or STDs or any other chronic diseases
Uhh..I don't think I fall under any of those categories but last I checked, the level of hemoglobin (Hgb) in my blood was very low. Thus explaining the short of breath (although that one might be because of the size of my lungs, which is half the normal adult's size), sleepiness, poor resistance to cold temperatures etc. etc. And that makes me ineligible to participate in the blood donation drive. Uhh...yay?
So there. You people knock yourselves out. Donate your blood. The life you save, could be mine :D.
And like that leng lui said,
"See you there,"
*would be going next week to see the leng lui, not donating* oopsss....XD
PS: Azam ngan Asip....korang siap ek...kalo kete calar, bukan aku buat tau....tu namenye ade orang nak sabotaj aku...wahaha...>:)
Dengan Blog Aku Menulis
-
*~Hari ini rasa nak kembali menulis untuk mengisi masa terluang.*
*~~Penulisan adakala menjadi medium untuk seseorang meluahkan perasaan,
melontarkan ide...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment